Sunday, December 27, 2015

Christmas in Vanuatu - 27 DEC 2015

27 DEC 2015

Christmas shopping in Luganville, Espiritu Santo
So yeah I just spent Christmas in Vanuatu. It is literally the exact same. Santa Claus, Christmas Trees and presents. All the missionaries had a Christmas Eve dinner which was an entire roasted pig. Then we had an "American" breakfast which was waffles with ice cream. It was good. Then we did a white elephant thing, we all bought gifts for like 5 dollars. I almost got a lavalava (an article of clothing worn like a skirt) but it was stolen. I got a little Book of Mormon so I can't complain. Elder Thomas got a binky and baby socks with crackers in them. It was a nice Christmas.

I am officially going back to Vila. They don't have a ticket for me yet so, I'm still here in Santo. Right now I'm on splits with Elder Thomas until I leave for Vila. There's a trio in Vila and one of them will go to Malekula, and I'll be in a trio. But for now I'm still in Santo. On Saturday we went proselyting (Elder Thomas Harding Samaniego and I) and we met a nice family that said we could come back every week to teach and we had a wonderful lesson with them. Then we had dinner at a resort area right across from Harding and Samaniego's house where we are all staying at. It was good but it was expensive.

On Sunday we went to church. I think there's only one church here because all the missionaries were there. It was nice. We had a lesson in Sunday School and I thought it was on Faith but then we learned about the lineage of the Bible from Adam to Christ. Afterwards we just went back to the house and stuff. It's been a good weekend so far. Now it's p-day in Luganville and we are going to go do stuff I guess. Next time I email I should be in Vila so I'll be able to talk all about that.

I don't have many pics. I have one that happened on Christmas. We went to the store to buy wrapping paper and this drunk lady had baby powder, so she started pouring it on us and tried to kiss us. It got all over the back of my neck and in my hair. But on the bright side, my neck felt baby smooth.

Alright that's about it for this week. I want you guys to know that I love you all and I miss you. Take care of yourselves.
Papa Joe and Elda Bramell in Malekula

The LDS Church building in Malekula

No comments:

Post a Comment