Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Frustrated Travel Plans, Delays, Disappointment, and Arrival!

Arrived to the Mission Home - Pictured with "Presiden" Granger and "Sista" Granger


Flying from NZ to Vanuatu

15 DEC 2015

Arrival

After a 1.5 hour flight from SLC to LAX, delayed flight, 12 hours from LAX to Auckland, New Zealand, 5 hour layover then another 3 hours from New Zealand to Vanuatu...he arrived!  Island living for the next two years.


14 DEC 2015

Change of Plans
Guess where I am guys?! That's right Utah still. Because of weather in San Francisco, our plane got delayed 4 hours and so we would have missed the only flight to New Zealand. So basically we got taken back to the MTC and are waiting for new flight plans with no schedule, no teachers, and nothing to do. Elder Birch and Elder McGee left this morning. Elder Plumb and Elder Siliva leave tomorrow morning. So, they gave us our keys to our room back and they're the wrong keys so we can't close the door. And our cards were deactivated so we can't enter any building until someone passes by. So, it's not the best of circumstances. 

It snowed here last night! and I have no jacket, only short sleeve shirts. Now we are just here doing our thing, working out, studying, laundry, and stuff to keep us busy. We checked the travel office and because of the weather here, they aren't scheduling any new flights until Wednesday. So we won't leave until Wednesday at the earliest. So, it's kind of a bummer. I wanted to be in Vanuatu walking on the beach and talking to people, but instead I'm here basically a ghost. We'll see when I can leave hopefully it is soon, they said to check again after lunch. Hopefully we can at least know for sure when we can go. I'll be sure to tell you guys when I find out. Until then I'll be chillin' at the MTC. Love you all.


13 DEC 2015

Excitement!

Hey guys, What's up? Well whatever you're up to I bet it's not flying to an island nation later today. Oh wait, that's me! Yeah so today I leave the MTC at 1pm and my flight leaves at 5:40. So that's why I'm emailing right now, because I may not get to this week otherwise. But yeah it's been a good experience here at the MTC. Everyone is super nice and they're all like " I love missionaries!" So yeah, I'm kind of a big deal. Anyway I hope all of you are doing okay. all I'm doing today is finishing my packing. So hope you're day is more exciting. My travelling doesn't get exciting until tomorrow when we make a stop in New Zealand. So other than that, I just wanted to say I love all of you! And if you are in this big group email, you're going to stay in it no exceptions. I want to tell all of you what I'm up to. So, stay safe and take care of yourselves, I'll be thinking of you.


No comments:

Post a Comment