Monday, February 8, 2016

Baptisms! - 5 FEB 2016

5 FEB 2016

Hey, sorry it's so late. I don't know what time it is there but here it is about 3:30pm. I am usually able to email earlier but I couldn't because of baptisms! Yeah we had 3 baptisms for us and there were 14 total among the zone. Our three were "S", "A", and "L". They are two Abu's and an older Mama. Abu is grandma basically. They are all related. We have another mama and a young girl from that family that will be baptized at the end of the month if they come to church. "K" was supposed to be baptized
Elder Bramell and three new members of the Church!
this week but he wanted to talk to his mom first so he will be next week. The baptism went well though. Elder Christensen did two of them and I did the other. It was nice. Elder West also had a baptism. There were a lot of missionaries there with baptisms. Don't worry I have pics.

This week has been decent. We've been having a lot of appointments fall through lately. It's not ideal but we are making the best of it. We had the new AP come in this week. The Assisstant to the President. His name is Elder Fidow from Samoa, it's him and Elder Crowell. He was serving in the Solomon Islands when Elder Christofferson went there. Which reminds me...

Elder D. Todd Christofferson didn't come to Vanuatu but he did go to the Solomon Islands. President Granger was telling us all about it. President got the impression that we needed more missionaries in the Solomons. He wanted to increase from 8 to 20. The only person that can approve an increase in missionaries is, as it turns out, an apostle. So, with E. Christofferson's visit, there's going to be 20 missionaries there within the next 6 months. That means that some people from Vanuatu are going, so I could go to Solomons if I needed to. Elder Christofferson also bestowed an Apostolic Blessing
Missionaries at Zone Training
on all the missionaries, including me. I don't know exactly what it says yet, but President wants to get a copy to every missionary, so next week I could tell you more about it. During our office meeting on Monday, President was reading it to us. It was super spiritual until Rex (a large lizard), who was on my shoulder, decided to go to the bathroom, on my shoulder. It was nasty but it was funny at the same time. So, needless to say I got distracted.

But I mean it's been a good week. How have you guys been? I've been doing good. It's nice to finally email, sorry for how late it is. There are 3 computers in the office and 8 missionaries. So, sometimes it's tough. Hopefully you are all doing well. It's nice to hear from you guys. Take care guys!
Children of members who were baptized on Saturday

Umm...I can't explain this photo!

No comments:

Post a Comment