Monday, February 1, 2016

Highs and Lows - 29 JAN 2016

29 JAN 2016

So It's been a pretty decent week. So last Saturday after I emailed everyone, I was bored so I started playing cards. Eventually we got a poker game going. It was fun. Then later we bought little candies and used those in a game and it was crazy. I ended up getting two Elders to go all in and then I cleared them out with four 5's. We played until only one person was left and there was just one huge pile of candy. I also bought a guitar at a Chinese store. It's nice and I got it for a cheap price. It's black and I just bought a silver sharpie so it's going to look so cool.

Our baptisms are going fairly well 4 of the 11 aren't scheduled yet. 2 of them we have to push back because they didn't come to church. But the other 5 should be baptized on next Saturday. All the others are still going to be baptized just not next Saturday. On Sunday, one of the members brought 2 friends to church, and now we are teaching them! Jack and Solomon. They both said they would get baptized. So now we have two new investigators. That's what happens when members help the missionaries.

This week we had some new missionaries come. Four of them were the visa waiters I was in the MTC with. Then we had 3 more. Only 2 of them are staying in Vanuatu, the rest are going to New Caledonia. They left for New Cal on Friday. So we hung out with them all week and brought them to our lessons so they could teach with us. It was nice, they are all cool people.

One really big disappointment this week is that Elder D. Todd Christofferson is not coming (Elder Christofferson serves in the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles). The runway at the airport is messed up so Air New Zealand refuses to fly here until they fix it. Because of that, Church Security cancelled his trip here. They don't want to risk anything. So all the meetings and special stake conference and everything are all cancelled. Everything is back to normal. It's really disappointing, I was really looking forward to that.

But that's my week. It's been mostly good with a couple of not so good times. But that's okay, that's how we grow and improve. I'm lucky to know all of you. I love you guys so much! Have a great week!

David:  Curtis wrote me a response to some questions I had.  I thought his response was sweet and a good glimpse into his personality...

Happy Anniversary! You two are amazing. I hope I'll be as happy as you guys are. Everything is good here. I'm getting used to the weather, but when we go indoors to teach it gets like 10x hotter. I've been trying a little bit to learn to cook. I can make rice so I can survive haha. The baptism font is at the Numbatu Chapel, the Stake Center. Hopefully someday I will get to baptize in the ocean. Make sure you tell the Sisters congratulations on their baptism! I know how tough it is. I can only imagine how hard it is for them. Sorry if I'm not making sense I'm trying to answer all your questions haha. But it's all good out on the home front. I hope work isn't stressing you out too much remember to take a breather I know how stressful things can get. Well I love you so much, you are the best father a boy could have!

No comments:

Post a Comment