Saturday, March 5, 2016

The Sun is Cruel - 5 MAR 2016

5 MAR 2016

Hey Everyone!

How's it going? Everything is good over here. This week has been full of teaching and full of contacting. Tuesday was the first day of the Market Stall! I think I've mentioned it before, if not it's just a stall at the Market and we stand out there and pass out cards and pamphlets and talk to people
about the church. It was a huge success! We were out there for 12 hours and we passed out about 600 pass along cards, 400 pamphlets, and received around 170 referrals. Guess who's in charge of the referrals, that's right me! So, I spent a long time separating and distributing them. From now on we will have a referral phone and I can send them as they come, which will make my life easier. We had missionaries come sing and help out, it was cool. I taught one guy the entire Restoration, Sabbath day, and the 10 Commandments all by myself in Bislama. It was tuff we tuff. (That means very good.) Mi bin mekem fullup samting lo ples mi bin stap lo Market. Hemi bin fun mo mi wantem lo mekem samting ia bakegen. I'll let you guys figure that one out.
Guess what happened at the Market Stall! My watch broke. It literally fell off my wrist. It still tells
time but I can't wear it. That was really disappointing. I'm going to have to find another one to replace it. My watch tan is bad, like really bad. Because it was soo bad something special happened. Yesterday we did some service. We were helping a Mama gather rocks and lay concrete for a small school. It took a while and it was tough work. I got fried. My face and neck were on fire. I didn't notice until afterwards. You know what else got burned? My watch tan. The whiteness that used to be my watch tan is now solid pink. It hurts. This is the first time I got burned in Vanuatu. And it sucks. My face and neck and wrist all hurt but it could be worse.

Yesterday, we also went to a nice restaurant because an Elder went home today. So all the office Elders went and had a farewell dinner with the Grangers. We went to the Stonegrill Restaurant. You get some meat and then you grill it, on a stone. They have a special molten stone that cooks it while you eat. So naturally, I had a Tbone steak. So did another 8 of us. Most of us got Tbone steaks. It was good. Then we went back to the Mission Home and had a short program. It was nice.

Other than that this week has just been full of teaching. Not as much as weeks before but a good amount still. Well that's all I have for this week. No need to worry about me, I'm having a great time.

I love you guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment